Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 12 August 2009

Info Post
This weekend was the Mare Island Faire paintout in Vallejo. It was pretty cool, the first time I entered into a competition, though very small. Only about 5 participants. Though I didn't win Best in Show, I took home 1st and 2nd place awards! The judge was Ed Bertolet. Iris Sabre won Best in Show, and Gerald Dedios took home 3rd place.

1st Place Winner: Red Tree



2nd Place Winner: Secluded Base









I took reference shots on my cell phone so the pics arent the greatest. You can see the places I chose to paint from.



--------------------------------------------------------

Also, last night's painting from Marc Taro's Tuesday night session in Hamilton. Trying something more unorthodox with the composition. I also threw in a bit of fantasy by giving her little Vulcan ears, hehe. I really like the color I got in her chest, reminds me of old school paintings. Except for the purple hair of course.



--------------------------------------------------------

These are thirty minute drawings from the Friday night parties at Sugar Cafe in SF.



0 comments:

Post a Comment