Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 19 January 2012

Info Post
This round of drawings started with me forgetting 90% of my tools at home. Oops!

I tried to make do with what I had, but it was getting really annoying having only a blunt pastel tool, charcoal powder, an eraser pencil, and a blending stump. You just can't do much with it.


I went out to my car and dug around for anything else...

 I found a Verithin pencil....
 ...and a ballpoint pen.

 It'd been a really long time since I'd used a pen for life drawing. It's a good exercise to try to not have an eraser to fall back on. Being as direct as you can will make you quicker.

This one was actually a Pilot Fineliner. It's cool but not quite as smooth as a ballpoint pen.


Here are a few more 20-minute drawings.



People seem to enjoy the novelty of a ballpoint pen more than the look of it, but it's definitely one of my favorite drawing tools. Not as much as charcoal(nor as permanent, unfortunately) but worth trying if you are in some sort of rut.

Share on Tumblr



Newsletter
Facebook
Tumblr
Drawings For Sale
Prints For Sale
Google+


0 comments:

Post a Comment