Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 14 November 2011

Info Post
This week my weapons of choice were primarily these woodless colored pencils by Koh-I-Noor called Progresso's. I also use Cretacolor Nero leads (not the pencil). I sharpen them to a long point just like a charcoal pencil, but they glide better than traditional charcoals.

These first drawings were 3 minutes each. I didn't plan on getting so tonal so quickly but it just happened to work out that way.


These next 5 minute drawings were done with General charcoal pencils. They look a bit more like my  10-minute drawings usually do.



This 10-minute drawing looks a lot more like my 20-minute drawing.



What I realized was that I am really sharpening my shorthand for the time I am allowed. Even the model commented on this.


When everything is going right, I can get a lot in because I get the little shapes right on the first pass. I don't have to slow down as much because I put down the right info in less strokes.


I find when things start to feel too effortless, I have to switch it up to feel like I'm not cheating anymore. Weird, I know.


I think next week I'm gonna use a lot of vine charcoal. I'm feeling a very tonal mood coming along...



Newsletter
Facebook
Tumblr
Drawings For Sale
Prints For Sale
Google+

0 comments:

Post a Comment