Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 22 November 2011

Info Post
This week I used only vine charcoal with hints of 4B General charcoal pencil and compressed charcoal to add some darks.

These were 3-minute sketches each. I basically strove to capture the silhouettes in the first minute or so, then used the rest of the time to work on refining that silhouette.


These next drawings were 5 minutes each. The further down you go, the more of the original strokes you can see. You can see how loose I start with these drawings.



This next drawing was 10-minutes long. I get the overall proportions and light/dark patterns down by this time. If I'm doing well, that is.


All of the following drawings are 20-minutes each.


This one was probably my favorite drawing. I like the foreshortening of the leg on this one.



In most of these drawings I use a blending stump. I use my fingers as well. This last one probably used the most layers of vine charcoal. I would probably advise against this if you can't spray-fix the drawing. It gets smudged up too easily.


I love the feeling of vine charcoal over the sketch paper. It's too bad that it's so fragile. If you don't take care of the drawings they will get smudged around too easily.

I have a non-utilized Etsy shop. How many of you are on there? I've been reluctant to start using it. One, because I have a Zatista store, and two, I am not sure how effective it is in comparison to the other stores. I do want to try it out though. Let me know if you are interested in any of these drawings or other drawings from my recent posts. Email me and I will create a listing on Etsy.



Share on Tumblr



Newsletter
Facebook
Tumblr
Drawings For Sale
Prints For Sale
Google+

0 comments:

Post a Comment