Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 9 November 2011

Info Post
I've upgraded my computer after so many years, which means I can finally play with video. This is something  I made a while back but I've never been able to publish it until now. If you were ever curious about how to make your own canvas panels, I hope this is informative.


Here is a good question I am answering from Facebook:

  • Q: how thick are those boards? and what's the biggest you've tried with veneer plywood before warping becomes an issue (obviously the panels are nice and flat right after pressing but do they stay that way if you go to let's say 12x16 or 14x18) ?
    btw i really like birchwood but it's quite a bit more expensive.

  • Sergio Lopez  Thats a good question. They are about 3/16". I would say you can probably get up to 18x24" before you should start thinking about reinforcing them. I like birchwood too, but I think they are even more susceptible to warping than the veneer panels.


I will try to make some more painting and drawing videos soon.


Newsletter
Facebook
Tumblr
Drawings For Sale
Prints For Sale
Google+

0 comments:

Post a Comment