Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 4 November 2011

Info Post

This time I almost exclusively used the fat black Lyra Color-Giant pencil. I am still using the Canson Biggie sketch pad. The hard pencils feel fairly close to what Conte pencils feel like on smooth newsprint. Conte is still nice and waxier whereas the Lyra feels more like graphite, but the Lyra lead is sturdier. You can press down a bit harder. That's one thing I hate about Conte pencils: they tend to be delicate. They break a lot more than the other ones seem to.

This first one is 5 minutes. It's a bit blockier than I usually do these quicker poses. For some reason I draw with more straight lines with a pencil than with a compressed stick.


The next two drawings are 10 minutes each. They were fun. I felt warmed up quicker than I normally do by this time. I'm not totally sure why.



This was the girl I drew instead of the model, totally stalked her with my eyeballs... CREEPYYYY


I felt like I was pretty good with the lighting today. More so than usual.


This is a tough position to draw. It's harder than it looks. Trying to draw it as I saw it didn't look quite right. I had to "lipo" some areas of her figure.


A ten minute drawing to finish off the night. I used the Ritmo charcoal pencil this time. The hair was the most successful area in my opinion.


So I've been using a lot of different tools and approaches on this sketch paper surface. Would love to know what you think of where your preferences are leaning towards. I always enjoy feedback!

If you want a handy way to look at the other posts I've made about drawing, check out the label "charcoal":


Newsletter
Facebook
Tumblr
Drawings For Sale
Prints For Sale
Google+

0 comments:

Post a Comment