Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 25 January 2010

Info Post
I spent the whole weekend shut in my room painting, and these are the fruits of my labor...

You may remember these ones from a blog post some months ago. I went back and repainted these, in hopes to exhibit them. The originals to these were done en plein air, so I took them back in the studio and used photographs to finish them.




This nocturne was done a while back, but the ground was ill-defined, and I'm much more happy with the colors of the trees and such, and you can tell there is a fence in the foreground now...



A new nocturne, done from a photo I took the same night.



A brand new landscape, from start to finish, took about 7 hours, basically my whole day today. It's 11x14, I'm happy with this painting because it feels larger than it actually is, something really desirable to have in a landscape I think.



These two were finished last week actually, but I'm now putting them up online. The painting of the nude outdoors was from the same River series from a few months back. I was looking at a lot of Arthur Matthews, I think the main thing I took away from it was making the color of the clouds more interesting.. There is a lot of variation, I think it looks a lot better than just your plain whites and grays...



This was a plein air painting done at Ghiradelli Square last Saturday. I spent a good deal of time on the buildings. I was going to attempt to add some people to this painting, but my friend who was with me suggested that I do a dog instead... I was gonna try and freestyle it, but then I thought of the store next to me, a high-end pet boutique. The sign hanging above it had a picture of a chihuahua in a ridiculous pink dress. So I threw that in the lower-left hand corner. We ended up going in there and showing the sales girl the painting. Little did we know that the little dog was in there chillin in her bed. My god it was a cute dog... Anyways, enjoy...


0 comments:

Post a Comment