Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 8 December 2011

Info Post
I am happy to unveil my newest series of figurative paintings. These have been in the works for a long time, and actually have been completed since before the "Natural Patterns" series, but they have been difficult not only in getting decent pictures of them, but in deciding how would be the best way to present them.

I have used my friend Nicole for figure drawings and studies many times. She is a former gymnast and dancer who is in incredible shape. Not only that but she's so giving of her time and talents for my artistic pursuits. I've been wanting to use her for a series all to her own for a while now.

This series grew out of my love of depicting the "form" of the "human form". I love being able to show the solidity and intricacy of the human body. The way things interlock, push, and pull underneath the skin is extremely fascinating. Nicole is the perfect model to explore this with. As with my other series, I like to tie in the subject and background in unique ways. In this series I've been attempting to echo suggestions of the form outside of the figure and into the murkiness of the backgrounds.

This series has been one that I've been exploring within the actual creation of the pieces instead of how I normally plan everything out. I feel like this series is going to evolve dramatically from these first few shots by the time I am done exploring it. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy these first steps.

"Reaching Ascension" 9x9 Oil on Canvas Mounted on Board


"Tephra" 11x14 Oil on Canvas Mounted on Board


"Supreme Luminary" 10x18 Oil on Canvas Mounted on Board


"Eternal Braid"Oil on Canvas Mounted on Board



"Void Brightening" 20x14 in. Oil on Canvas Mounted on Board



Which is your favorite painting from the series? Vote here: http://bit.ly/naturalpatternspoll

Share on Tumblr



Newsletter
Facebook
Tumblr
Drawings For Sale
Prints For Sale
Google+

0 comments:

Post a Comment