Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 10 May 2007

Info Post
So lately Ive been doing more studies of environments.. Its become painfully obvious to me that I need to focus more on them.. Ive been studying other artists that focus on environments, trying to soak them in, analyzing their color, design, trying to pick up on their shortcuts and such... I think once I get that down my work will stand out so much more, its been lacking a lot, and I never really knew what it was.. Im starting to learn now..

I think this is the first environment Ive ever done from life on my tablet, I went to my local Borders and sketched the coffee shop, took about a hour and a half... There arent many interesting buildings in santa rosa to draw, unfortunately..


these look a bit different than my usual life drawings, I know... Ive been playing with new color schemes.. I made swatches out of paintings that I like the color from, and used them to paint these.. Its an interesting exercise that forces me to think more about the whole picture.. I also am trying to get more interesting textures in my work with photoshop, so you'll see some of that in these too.. by the way these are all photoshop this time:


0 comments:

Post a Comment