Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 11 August 2010

Info Post
This piece had been languishing in the gallery for a couple of months.  I took it upon myself to take it home and redo some of the parts which had been bothering me.  The clouds felt a bit too hard-edged and in contrast to the sky.  I like the composition of the clouds more now, it brings you towards the focal point better.  There were some under-resolved areas in the foreground as well.  There was a tangent in the middle ground tree, which was kinda twiggy and uninteresting anyways...



The piece before retooling:



I'm taking it back to the gallery when I get the chance.  I'll let you know if it sells...

Bonus:

The latest figure study from the Monday morning session:


She's an interesting person to study.  Her torso is very long and her bones are quite angular as well.  Very unique.  I find it fascinating how everyone's body is basically the same yet so very different once you get to really analyze them.

Sign up for the newsletter: Get new art with each website update, and stay in the know for art shows and events!

0 comments:

Post a Comment