Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 27 March 2011

Info Post
Hey everyone,

I just sent out my paintings for the next 6 Inch Squared show hosted by the Randy Higbee Gallery in Costa Mesa. I got the results the other day, and I am pleased to say that 5 of the 6 entries made it into the show.

...and here they are!

"Pepper Road Vista," Oil on Canvas, 6 x 6 in. 2011.
"A Whisper of Spring," Oil on Canvas, 6 x 6 in. 2011.
"Hagrid's Cabin," Oil on Canvas, 6 x 6 in. 2011.
"Penngrove Pastoral," Oil on Canvas, 6 x 6 in. 2011.
"Luther's Fountain," Oil on Canvas, 6 x 6 in. 2011.
Here's the flier for the show, in case you are in the Orange County area.


I will see if I can somehow make it down there for the reception.  I will be very busy preparing for a solo show at the Modern Eden Gallery in SF though.


Rainy day! It was the North Bay Plein Air group's monthly meetup today. I am proud of everyone who braved the rain and painted today. Here are the paintings I did. Neither is totally finished but I don't like to take them a whole lot further from this stage while the paint is still wet. I am starting to enjoy this format more and more. Painting this small has its advantages and disadvantages. I'd say the main disadvantage is the lack of ability to paint precisely in alla prima. If you are using a more bravura technique like I am, it would be best to use a stiffer brush to sort of "carve in" details with a stiff straight brush. Almost like you're painting with a chisel.







Sign up for the newsletter: Get new art with each website update, and stay in the know for art shows and events!

0 comments:

Post a Comment