Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 19 April 2007

Info Post
I took my charcoal pad to the drawing workshop today.. I wanted to see how much of my drawing on the tablet is translating into the rest of my drawing... Turns out a good portion of it still is... the main difference is the way my paper is set up compared to my tablet, and the way I can manuever with my pencil and stick compared to the one way I have to hold my stylus..

I finished reading Robert Fawcett's "On The Art of Drawing", there are a lot of interesting observations he brings up.. among them is proportions, and why so many students cant get them right.. His solution is to "sight-size" your drawings.. Its so simple it's stupid that almost no teachers show how to do it, or even mention it... it does work, though it's hard to set up all the time, it depends a lot on if you're able to set it up with your model and your easel or whatever. I tried it on the quick studies.. worrying about proportions screwed up my line quality some though..
As you can see, I dont like doing the same thing too many times in a row, so I used different techniques with different focuses every time.. These are all 20 min. poses..



0 comments:

Post a Comment