Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 14 June 2010

Info Post
I've got a few oldies and some newies too... This first one was painted in Auburn. It has a pretty cool looking courthouse in the middle of town that I painted as the afternoon was coming to a close...

This second painting I might have posted before, but I have never scanned it, I don't think.  I painted it last October during my "Fantastic Titanic Art Week" aka Capitol Plein Air Festival.  This was for the Quick Draw event.



I painted this last week at the Sebastopol Monday afternoon painting session.  The lighting there is just horrible, but it kinda forces me to do things I wouldn't normally do, such as inventing color combos, inventing backgrounds, etc.  It's made me pretty good at painting a portrait fairly quickly, since I rarely show up on time...



I painted this last week in one of my favorite areas of Santa Rosa.  I like the color.  It was painted at a time I don't normally paint because the light and color changes so quickly.  What you have to do in this situation is anticipate what is going to come next and adjust your painting accordingly...



I got a couple of these pads of OLD HOLLAND CANVAS PAD (10 SHEETS) 6X8" which I am loving.  They feel great on your brush and they are a very good surface for quick studies.  I painted this guy in about a half hour.  I did a few more on these which I will post once they dry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment