Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 14 December 2010

Info Post
I'm pretty cheap, and like to do-it-myself when it's feasible, so I put together this cool little damn-near-bulletproof wet panel carrier.  I got the idea from a thread on Wetcanvas.  I converted an ammo box that I got from a salvage yard here in Santa Rosa (but I'm sure most military surplus stores will carry them) into a 6x8 panel carrier.  I got this steel-framed guy for 14 bucks, so it's even cheaper than one of those 20-dollar cardboard carrier.  I would have gotten a bigger one but they get HEAVY, very impractical for carrying into the field very far.  I spray-painted it copper for extra coolness factor.


I got a couple of 1/4" poplar rods and cut them to six 6in. pieces, and also took a 3/4"x3.5" board and cut it to 6" pieces.


I used Elmer's wood glue to adhere the poplar sticks to the wood.  It's secure enough to just hammer the glued pieces of wood in place.


My box will hold 5 panels in place.  You can throw this thing across a field and it will be fine!  They're meant to take a beating in war, after all...

• 

I'd like to share the painting I made on Sunday at our North Bay Plein Air group.  This was done at the SF Music Concourse in the middle of Golden Gate Park.  Pretty cool building!  It was a very gray day with bits of light poking through at the very end.  I kept it pretty limited in the palette rather than try to force color into it, which is the temptation when you are plein air painting.  I chose to try and enforce the black and white pattern and only used brighter color in the foliage.  I feel like it's a bit heavily balanced to the left side, what do you think?







Sign up for the newsletter: Get new art with each website update, and stay in the know for art shows and events!

0 comments:

Post a Comment