Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 28 December 2010

Info Post
I am capping off this series with this piece, "Bourgeon De Rose". I'm bringing it full-circle to a more traditional take on these pieces. The amount of blending the pattern with the figure is much more subtle. The only problem in this picture is that the jpeg makes the transitions in tone much less subtle than they are in real-life.


"Bourgeon De Rose." 24"x28", Oil on Canvas, 2010.

This one took me probably 2 months off and on. The painting technique was more traditional than a lot of the other ones I have done. I started with a burnt umber underpainting and worked up color layers from a fully rendered monochromatic piece. I was influenced by the posts on Matthew Innis' blog about the academic ebauche. I can't find a whole lot more about the technique other than his research so if anyone can direct me to any more info that would be awesome.


If anyone is wondering how the "Painted Roses" prints from Inprnt.com look, you're not alone. I also had to see how they looked, so I ordered a couple of prints for myself.


This one is the 12"x18" print of Ivory Fashion.  You can see the border around it.
The fidelity of the detail is amazing!  The paper is smooth, so the reproduction isn't exact in terms of texture, but it's still great.



Gotta give the folks at inprnt.com props!  I'm happy with the way they look.  If you're an artist that has the opportunity to sell your work with them, take 'em up on it!


Some very cool news:  I was the featured artist on Artistaday.com for December 26th, 2010!  I was super happy to see that I made it on to the website.  I've been a visitor to the site for a while now.  The response to my work has been overwhelmingly positive!  If you are visiting this site because you followed the link there to my site, well... welcome!  So glad to have you here!

If you'd like to see the feedback, click on this link:





Sign up for the newsletter: Get new art with each website update, and stay in the know for art shows and events!

0 comments:

Post a Comment