Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 7 October 2011

Info Post
A few weeks ago, I said I would try some more tonal drawings this time around. I started off this session  with the usual Derwent pencils that I enjoy. These are 10-minute drawings. I pushed the feeling of the forms on the one of the right. I think I'm just getting used to compensating for bad lighting.


This was a 20-minute drawing that started off pretty tonal. I indicated the overall shapes very lightly. I didn't put in the sharp outlines until after I had layed in the large tones.


I switched my tools on these next ones. The darkest darks are made with Char-Kole black pastels. The midtones are done with Conte crayons. I would like to know if there are other compressed charcoals that you prefer. A lot of this was smudging with fingers, but I started to introduce the blending stump more and more as I went along.


SOLD


On this drawing it was basically a combination of every technique that I used on the previous drawings of the night. The blending stump almost makes it look like I am using a felt marker, right?



I finished off the night with a 10-minute line drawing with a slight bit of tone added in for good measure.



Newsletter
Facebook
Tumblr
Drawings For Sale
Prints For Sale
Google+

0 comments:

Post a Comment