Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 10 October 2009

Info Post
A few weeks ago I went up to the Heart K Ranch in Genesee California for the Art on the Land paintout. It's in the middle of the Plumas National Forest. For those of you who don't know where this is (I imagine it to be most of you) it would be in between Tahoe National Forest and Lassen National Park. It's quite a beautiful area, with very quaint little towns.

The town of Greenville which I stayed at had a little sherriff's office in the middle of town. At the end of the alleyway it sits on is a little shack that says "Jail". LOL!

On the day of the paintout there were about 12 artists participating. I did 3 quick paintings of the scenery around me.






A couple of photos of the scenery painted, if anyone is curious:

They were auctioned off at a fairly good price, and half of the proceeds went to helping them keep the ranch there. I hope they succeed, I'd love to go back and paint there again...

0 comments:

Post a Comment