Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 24 November 2010

Info Post
Hey everyone,
Thought I'd take a minute to post up what I've gotten juried into the  6x6 Exhibition at the Randy Higbee Gallery in Costa Mesa.  This is an especially big deal to me because it will be the first time I ever show anything in Southern California, and to be shown amongst so many good artists is a really awesome thing for me.  I'm sure this can only lead to bigger and better things for me in the near future.

Here are the 5 pieces that got juried in:
"Halo" 6x6, oil on canvas board.

"Eagle Creek" 6x6, oil on canvas board.

"Pope Valley Sundown" 6x6, oil on canvas board.
"Napa Palisades" 6x6, oil on canvas board.

"French California" 6x6, oil on canvas board.

And for good measure, here is the one I didn't get in:

"Beacon Rock View" 6x6, oil on canvas board.

 If you'd like to check out what else is being shown, follow this link:


There will be more posted up there as the pieces arrive.  Mine should be there by Monday.  Hopefully I can make it down there to be there in person.  If anyone else would like to check it out, here's the address to the gallery:

Randy Higbee Gallery
102 Kalmus
Costa Mesa, CA


I would also like to take this opportunity to tell everyone that Belgian linen rules...  I used a few squares from my new rolls for these pictures, and it feels great!  Sooo much nicer than regular cotton duck canvas.  I'm probably not breaking any new ground for the experienced artists, but all of you painters who use cheaper stuff (yea students I'm talking to you!) I'll just tell you, it is worth it if you can scrape up the fundage...  Even though I've bought probably the cheapest kind(a couple of rolls of it at Dick Blick), it's a lot better than anything other canvas I've used.


I'll come back next week to post up about new gallery going-on's....  2011's gonna be a good year...

• 


Sign up for the newsletter: Get new art with each website update, and stay in the know for art shows and events!

0 comments:

Post a Comment